Friday

Enrichment night

We had our enrichment night last night for relief society and it turned out so well. We have an awesome 2nd couselor and she has a great enrichment committee and it turned out to be a great night. I thought I would share a little video I put together. Our theme was "Live like you believe", so I have been taking pictures of sisters in our ward for the past month and then I put it to music and words. This is mostly to show my sister Maria for an idea for her RS, but everyone is welcome to watch! It was a crazy day: I shot a wedding in the morning at the temple, then went to the church to set up the projector, then went to the wedding reception and took more pictures, then ran to enrichment hurried and ate dinner and played the slide show and with 15 minutes to spare I ran back to the reception to get pictures of the couple cutting the cake and dancing, then I ran back to the church to clean up all the electrical equipment. whew. When I woke up for work this morning I had a sore throat, I knew it was only a matter of time because everyone in my house has had strep throat, so I started on an antibiotic and I'm feeling much better. Heavenly Father knew I could not get sick until AFTER my crazy day and I am grateful for that!

7 comments:

Tori said...

Alana-I am so sorry you have strep. I need to bring you a smoothie. Thanks for posting the video. It was so fun to look at it again. You did an amazing job.

Hudson Family said...

What a totally crazy day you had! That movie is really awesome! I really want to do it for us too! So nice to have a post dedicated especially for me! Wow....

Elizabeth Riding said...

I can't even tell you what that video meant to me. It's exactly what I needed. Things have been a little rough, and I needed to be reminded of who I am. I needed to hear President Monson's words. I cannot wait until conference! Thank you, my friend.

Simply Be Photo/Melissa said...

your video turned out so good! and goodness you did have a crazy day! your a busy lady! i'm so glad i finally got to put a face to your name. i've heard so much about you. and by the way I love all your work, i was just checking out all your pictures. :)

Jill Stones said...

That's right she's my sista, she's amazin!! Again........well done. What a beautiful job. I am showing you off to my ward:)

Wendy said...

Dear Alana,
Tori sent me your blog address so I could watch your RS video. It was just wonderful. You have blessed your ward and all of us so much with your talents and time. It was beautiful and you have really caught the beauty of the sisters in your ward.
Love, Wendy

Unknown said...

Hello Alana,
I was searching for ideas for enrichment night and ran across your site. I can't believe how much your boys have grown. I just wanted to say hi and let you know I think about you often. Lorneta