Thursday

Fallen Hero

This past week has been a sad week here in Cache Valley. A fifth grade teacher from Nibley elementary was killed in the line of duty while in Iraq. I didn't know him personally but I did know his wife, she went to Mountain Crest. He decided to enlist in the Army and serve his country a year and half ago. I have heard so many good things about him this week. On Wednesday, the day of his funeral, I pulled out to go to work and this is what I saw on the road in front of our house. The entire road was completely lined with flags on both sides. The pictures really do not do it justice, it was a beautiful sight. Hundreds of flags every five feet in both directions for as far as you could see. By the time I got to the end of the street I had tears in my eyes as I thought about my comfortable life in my heated car, while others are risking their lives to make mine so easy. I have such a respect for the men and women that serve our country.




This is a picture from the newspaper of his wife and one of his children. He has two boys 6 and 4 years old.

3 comments:

Anna Dutson said...

That is one of the saddest pictures I've seen.

Mike, Joc and Mase said...

I am right with you there Alana. I felt the same way as I drove around the Hyrum cemetery! Pretty amazing. It really makes you forget about all of your little troubles and respect and honor those that are fighting and keeping us safe.

Jill Stones said...

I am thankful for our soldiers, they have choosen to serve our country no matter what, life or death. I could never be that strong of a wife, so bless those that are.