Friday

A walk down memory lane....

This is where I got to spend my week! I was lucky enough to be the stake photographer for girls camp and I got to spend a week at beautiful Porcupine dam. I shot over 1700 pictures and loved every minute of my "girl" time.

But this lake does have sentimental value too. Not only is it one of my favorite lakes, this is also where Bret and I spent our second date all the way back in 1990. He packed a picnic, loaded the back of his truck with leftover 2x4's from the lumber yard he worked at and headed to the lake. Against my better judgement he drove right up to the edge of the lake and we "accidentally" got stuck. Hmmm... how convenient. :) We spent the next couple of hours talking about where we saw our lives going, little did we know then; we would go there together. After staying out much later than we should, we decided we better try and get out. I posted a couple of pictures of us trying to get out. Thank heavens we had all that lumber to help us get the truck out.


Here is a picture of Bret and the way we slid the lumber under the truck to try and give us some traction.

Here I am covered in mud, nevermind that I bought brand new black leather boots for the big date.
Spending the week up there thinking about that date we had that night made me think about our lives and our marriage and how it's been a lot like that date we had when we were young and naive. Our lives might not have gone as we had planned, we have gotten stuck many times along the way and we sometimes get tired and dirty, BUT we have created a lot of great memories
and it has been so worth it.

5 comments:

Tori said...

Alana your old pictures are so fun to see. I didn't even recognize either one of you!

Maggie said...

Can you say big hair?

Alana Lange said...

Oh, Maggie dear, your just jealous you can't get the volume I had! ;)

Jill Stones said...

What beautiful pictures, makes me want to go sit and watch quietly for awhile! As for the pictures of you 2 I remember my "thinner" brother and I developed big hair after you came into our family!! thanks for being such a important part of our family.

Jeff, Wendy, and Austin said...

WOW! Did you really want to go there? J/K I knew you then....hmm who was innocent? I was remembering Idaho bailing Bret out..maybe that memory isn't as fun. the picnic was though.