Sunday

Hollywood!

I had the chance to go to California over Christmas break and do three photoshoots. It was a lot of fun and on the last day as we were going to the airport we drove through Hollywood and I got to snap a few pictures for FUN! It was nice to be able to just snap away at what I wanted. Here is a collage of some of the things I found interesting. The last picture is my favorite....scroll down to read why

 
Posted by Picasa


Generally when you think of hollywood, you think glamour, money and movie stars, but if you have ever been there, you look around and think, this is Hollywood? It is quite dirty and most people that live at lower income levels. That is why this is my favorite picture that I snapped from the car. I am calling it "The real faces of Hollywood" I love the fact that these everyday "real" people are standing in front of a wall of movie stars. Two totally different worlds...in the same place.



The real faces of Hollywood

6 comments:

Hudson Family said...

I love it! That was a fun day, I am so glad we did that! Thanks, GarGar

michaelangelo said...

Great photos, looks like a fun trip. I think you had too much time on your hands - perhaps you needed more company?

Maybe next time... lol

JakeandMichelle said...

Holy cow you've posted a ton since I've been gone! I love them all and I want to do the coupon thing!

Woodstock Family said...

Alana, you definitely need to email me with the details of your coupon thing! That's awesome. I found your blog through a comment you left on Sarah's blog! It's fun to see what ward members are up to! kristawoodstock@gmail.com Krista Woodstock

Jill Stones said...

I love Hollywood!! I know your sister in law would have made the trip so much fun:) I miss you and your family. Your pictures are amazing. I think the "normal people" picture qualifies for National Geographic's page 6(they choose pictures from around the world, things people see) ok that didn't make sense unless you look at a NG, so go look:)

stacey said...

ALANA!! oh my goodness i'm so glad i stumbled across your blog! How are you?? Oh my gosh its been forever! Are you still teaching at M.C. and doing senior class advising with Mrs. Austin that seems like forever ago! Me and Krista were just talking about all the stuff we did senior yr wow things have definately changed since then! You added another BOY to your family, cade was just a little tiny boy when we were seniors i can't believe it oh man that makes me feel old! So are you still living in Hyrum? Everytime i go home to visit my family i think of you and mrs. austin and how i really should pop in for a visit after 7 yrs!! When i saw this post of your pictures you took it reminded me of that little photo shoot we did for my senior pictures, your pictures look great!!
So quick update....krista is married with 3 babies! Suzie is married no kids yet, Jen is married no kids yet either and I am married and am having my first little one in May! We're having a baby girl and i'm so stinking excited!!
So now that i left you a novel of a comment i hope you are doing great, and next time krista and i come up to visit our families we should all get together for dinner!! Lot of love Stacey