Sunday

Ground hog day!

When I got home from school the other day the boys came running out to meet me telling me there was something I just had to see. When I saw the back of the dog kennel I thought for sure Bret had given in and got the boys a black lab, but I was wrong. They found this poor little ground hog and chased it around until they caught it. It was wet and shivering in the cage, so after admiring the the poor little thing for a while we let it go. Check out Copper in Alec's arms, he is rip raring ready to chase that little ground hog back into his hole, even though copper is 84 years old in dog years. It does kinda creep me out thinking there is a groundhog in our yard and he could emerge at any moment and gnaw my legs off. The joys of having boys.



Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

michaelangelo said...

Hard to tell from the photos, but that thing looks a bit like an otter - long tail and all. I think groundhogs have short tails, don't they?

Alana Lange said...

I have no idea? We just googled groundhog and it looked pretty close. Some kind of rodent looking thing.

Jill Stones said...

So funny, whatever it is I don't want it at my house!! It is the joy of having boys...we had a kangaroo mouse at our house today. You should have seen me squeeling like a pig to get it away...(use your imagination:)