Wednesday

Bret turns 40!!!

Yes, my awesome husband turned 40 today! Wow, what a ride we have been on together, 17 years total next week! I couldn't ask for anyone better for me, he understands me and loves me despite my faults. He is the worlds greatest dad and the boys think he is pretty awesome. In the last five years I have seen him become the greatest man around. One thing we love the most about dad is his willingness to let us laugh not only with him but at him. He doesn't mind being the brunt of our jokes. We always joke around and tell him that there are these new devices out there called computers he should try using one, but despite the fact that his two brothers are computer genius, he doesn't want much to do with them. He would much rather be outdoors, fishing, hiking, biking or just "being in the hills" with the boys. All he wanted for his birthday was to spend the evening with his family and if you know Bret at all he said it while his voice was cracking. He gets very emotional talking about his family. So that's just what we did, spent the evening together.

On one funny note: Later that night Bret needed to change a light bulb at the very tallest point in our house, so he got up on the ladder and was up there for about 20 minutes trying to fix some wiring. After he descended from the ladder he sat in the dining room chair and all of the sudden he started screaming, "my legs, my legs, my legs they are cramping, I'm too old to get on a ladder for that long" Well, Aaron and I are doubled over crying and laughing at the same time. He just keeps on screaming that his legs won't stop cramping. While laughing I went over and started to help rub his legs, but I just could not stop laughing....I'm laughing all over again as I type this! Later that night when we got into bed he said his legs were still shaking and he felt like he had been lifting weights like he did in high school. I guess there's just some things you can't do after 40....change a light bulb.


Here we are with fire extinguishers ready...



All the boys giving dad a love


Dawson is looking at all of dad grey whiskers.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

michaelangelo said...

Sounds like the best kind of birthday night - lots of fire, family and cramping - who could ask for more? lol

Great pictures and an excellent (and fun) blog entry. Thanks for sharing. We sure miss you guys!

Mike & family

Jill Stones said...

So stinkin funny!! Guy didn't think the cramping was funny though, I think it hit too close to home!! Love you guys.