Wednesday

A younger Alana

Yes, I turn 40 this week and it seems like yesterday that I was in these pictures. My dad sent me these pictures in an email today and just for fun I thought I would post some. You can decide which kid you think looks like me.

Here is a picture of me with my "supermodel" mother! She always looked like a million bucks, she was so stylish and classy. I was her fourth kid and look at her shape...not fair. She was an amazing person. She passed away when I was 16 and she was 50, the older I get the younger she seemed when she passed away. There are so many things I wish I could do just like her, but there are also things that I am glad she passed on to me. This picture made me stop and think of her today and I just want to share some of the qualities that I remember about her...she was a great great seamstress, a beautiful piano player, great at stitchery, good at math, hard worker, a super mom, strong in the church and a wonderful cook, she loved trying new recipes. I can remember making cinnamon rolls with her on Saturdays and she would always give me my own little mound of dough to make mini cinnamon rolls. Another thing I remember, is her laugh. She loved to laugh and her and my dad were always the joksters, always being funny when my friends came around. I never ever remember seeing my mom mad. I never remember my parents even getting in one argument, wow. She was a great person and I am so proud to be her daughter.


Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Elizabeth Riding said...

Were you really that young?!?!?!? I love it! (Happy Birthday on Saturday, by the way...more to come on that subject ;)

michaelangelo said...

Thanks for sharing, Alana - uncanny the likeness with some of your children :) I love having these blogs to visit, we learn so many things about people that we should know but don't. Happy birthday preparations!!

Mike & Family

Kassie said...

Hey Alana!!!
It's so good to find your blog. I found it through Chelsie's. I love checking in on you and your family! Hunter and I have a blog, it's kassieandhunter.blogspot.com, please visit us soon!!
Love Ya!
-Kassie

Jill Stones said...

Happy happy birthday sister dear, happy days will come to you all year! Yes I remember my primary songs. I loved your tribute to your mom, you have many of her talents. I think you are beautiful woman(even if I have never seen you in a moomoo) I do think as we get older we appreciate our mothers more. Our family is lucky to have you. Love ya Jill

michaelangelo said...

Happy Birthday, Alana!

Jen said...

Hope your birthday was great. Way cute pics of you and beautiful tribute to your mom. And my vote is for Aaron...unbelievably so!

Dave Ballard said...

Bret,

It's good to finally catch up to you. My family is having a family reunion at Bear Lake this summer. I'd love to visit and catch up.

I look forward to hearing from you..

Dave